Saturday, March 24, 2012

I awoke...

Chortling laughter bouncing off book shelves


off dishes, washed and dripping in the drying rack


off the grin returned


Stretched out and yawning


One leg over and a hand entwined


I awoke from the murk of a months long nap...


absence... coma,


purposefully induced


with too much drinking and ears clapped tight


eyes stitched shut


threaded with a steel, rusting


induced against a heart ruptured and pressed to bleeding


cradled in the knotted claws


of an esurient body


and an impotent lover’s chilled esteem


Addled, slowed, and doltish


I was stirred by a craving to drink the sea


Lick clean wounds, borne and self inflicted,


feel my feet bare and steady, solidly supporting what remained


Arose. Lashes fluttering.


Took in a smirk and gray assurance


Babbling to kissing, babbling to breathe


Babbling to brace for the day


awaiting; exhausted and intact


I ease into the jocundity of dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment